Green Terp Wins the Grand Award at the CIUTI Contest with Its Online Platform GT EDU for Conference Interpreting
Singapore, February 15, 2021 – Green Terp Technologies Pte Ltd (“Green Terp”), a SaaS provider for multi-lingual meeting solutions, announced today that it won the Grand Award at the annual CIUTI Contest for its online platform GT EDU, for conference interpreting for education and training purposes.
Established in 1960, CIUTI (Conférence Internationale Permanente D'instituts Universitaires De Traducteurs Et Interprètes) is the the world’s oldest and most prestigious international association of university institutes with translation and interpretation programmes. It currently has more than 50 member institutions from over 20 countries and associate members such as AIIC and NAATI.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, much of the university teaching and training around the world has been moved online for more than a year. This is a mode of teaching that will most likely remain even after the worst of the pandemic has passed.
The switch to online teaching has presented trainers with enormous challenges, both technologically and content-wise. In particular, interpreter trainers face unresolved technological issues of delivering simultaneous interpreting training online.
In response to this, Green Terp has taken the initiative to design and develop a new platform, GT EDU, dedicated for simultaneous interpreting training with innovative and intuitive features such as
- Virtual Booth, allowing students to truly experience how professional interpreters work in real life, i.e. to see, hear, monitor and have “direct non-textual” communication with their “booth partner”, all integrated in one-screen interface
- Trainers are able to virtually ‘enter’ each booth to listen and comment on students’ performance, which is automatically downloaded and ready for review after class.
- Instantaneous video and audio multiplex into the virtual booths in a class, with dual-track recording (original and interpretation) together with real-time feedbacks from the trainers.
- Audio Mixing available for trainers and students during class and for replay after class.
- Audio Balancing allows the trainers to assess students with more ease.
2020 has been a year of change that has forced all of us to rethink and create. Human behaviours have been transformed and Green Terp is determined to be the pioneer that offers truly effective and efficient solutions for the “new world” ahead.
GT EDU will continue to improve itself to serve every interpreter’s whole professional development cycle, from student to senior interpreter.
For more information about GT EDU, please visit GT EDU - Simultaneous Interpreting Training Platform on "Solutions" page.
About Green Terp
Green Terp Technologies is a SaaS multi-language conferencing platform for online, onsite and hybrid events. It is also compatible with major streaming services, with AI augmentation to achieve consistent and high-quality human interpreting from anywhere or anytime through an Internet-based solution. For more information, please visit https://www.gtmeeting.com.